TS-ogn

Toyota Sportscar - Owners Group Norway 

• De forskjellige Lexusene

• Diskusjon og spørsmÃ¥l om Lexus
Diskusjon og spørsmål om Lexus

#59562  av Kebab gud

Soarerene har rattet feil ja .. men SC300 og SC400 har rattet på riktig side .. så ombygging burde ikke bli et problem ..
men siden den da skal bygges til banebil (evt showbil) så har det null å si

#59785  av @lpher

chris skrev:
hehe, jeg tror du bærer nag fordi han engang sa "Supra may be a super car, but it's not a supercar" :D
Ifølge gutta på mkivsupra.net så har'n i ettertid (den tidligere nevnte remark'en stammer fra rundt den tiden Supra'n ble lansert i England) sammenlignet F550 Ferrari med Supran! :D

@lpher

#59791  av Kebab gud

jeg gadd ikke lage en ny tråd men fant en post på et forum om en artikkel i LA times
tenkte jeg skulle poste den her jeg ...
They talked to Danny Clements in Torrance (the city I live in, where the headquarter is). He said they are trying to attract younger buyers with its new styling and is trying not to make the same mistake that BMW and MB made when they went a little down.

The article says "to keep the marque fresh and draw younger buyers, Lexus is redesigning its entire linup over the next four years." Clements said that "you'll see sportier cars and trucks [with] a wider range of engines." First up is the RX 400h, which is expected to have a base price of $45,000, and it will be equipped with a new electronic stability control. The next generation GS is next. Then the IS is due as a 2006 model. Then a "Lexus sport wagon styled like a lower, leaner SUV expected in 2007. The wagon is a first of a series of crossovers, wagon or SUV styles built on conventional passenger car platfors, that Lexus is planning. Clements said that many will be offered as gasoline-engines and as hybrids. All wheel drive will be an option on most vehicles.

"We intend to give our buyers best-in-class performance at all levels," Clements said.

"From all the new Lexus models in the wordks, Clements talk a lot about the need to add a flagship vehicle priced at around $100,000." It would not help volume that much, but it would be an image booster they say.

"Lexus may also introduce a high-performance hybrid sporsts car that ould wildly expand the boundaries of the hybrid genre, he said."

Something that is interesting that is really true about what Clements said is "'We may be a lap ahead of the competition, but we act like we're a lap behind,' Clements said. 'That's what makes us a tough competitor.'" That is so true, isn't it?
fant ikke direkte link til artikklen. men det er mye morsomt der
som dere ser hinter han til "high-performance hybrid sporsts car" noe som rett og slett er en indirekte bekreftelse på GS 350GT..
dette er altså samme man som først sa at Lexus skulle komme med GT utgaver.
Forresten har Danny Clements den fine tittlen "Lexus group vice president" :D

Foresten kan jeg legge til at Mr.Clarkson sa dette om Lexus RS300
From the outside it doesn’t have the traditional Tonka Toy chunkiness you’d expect of off-roaders, and on the inside, apart from a mildly raised driving position, it feels like a Lexus saloon — there’s wood and leather along with the most beautifully organised dashboard I’ve ever seen.
Then there’s the quality. Toyota actually employs a man whose sole job is to ensure switches have a robust but smooth feel, and a satisfying click when you push them. It shows. And the stereo is magnificent, while the ride comfort is extraordinarily good.
han endte opp med å gi den en 3 av 5 da ...
han likte ikke at det ikke en en sillig off-roader
(personlig er jeg enig .. en Suv er ikke en Suv før man kan klatre opp et tree)
han hadde også dette å si om dagens GS300
So why not buy a car instead? It’ll be faster, more comfortable, and will do more than 23mpg. What’s more it’ll be the GS300, which is as cool as they come, the chilliest model in the Lexus line-up.
hvis han liker dagens GS .. hva vil han si om den som kommer i januar?
håper vi får de i høstens Top gear..
(han liker jo ingen av konkurentene :P)

#59950  av @lpher

Det blir saker dette her? :D

@lpher

#60140  av Kebab gud

på samme forum postet en nå hele artikklen ..
så jeg stjeler den og poster den her :P
When Toyota Motor Corp. rolled out its Lexus brand 15 years ago, rival auto executives snickered at the prospect of a Japanese automaker hitting it big in the tough U.S. luxury-car market.

The doubters were asleep at the wheel. By 2000, Lexus had shot past the Americans and Europeans to become the bestselling luxury auto brand in the nation.

Now Lexus' challenge is to avoid the complacency that toppled other luxury leaders during its ascent.

The brand built its success with a reputation for reliability, consistently placing in the top ranks of customer satisfaction surveys.

"They have become successful because of bulletproof reliability and durability, great customer service and because they went for the sweet spot of the market with [softer] American ride and handling," said automotive market analyst Jim Hossack of Tustin-based AutoPacific Inc.

Lexus also astutely targeted a customer base of baby boomers entering their peak earning years.

But rivals sell to the same crowd of fiftysomethings. And in recent years General Motors Corp.'s Cadillac, BMW and DaimlerChrysler's Mercedes-Benz all have done a better job of attracting the more serious automotive enthusiasts among boomers by offering models with bigger engines, faster acceleration, stiffer handling and more daring styling.

"Lexus is the most conservative of the luxury brands," said Jeff Schuster, senior director of global forecasting at J.D. Power & Associates, the Westlake Village automotive market research firm. "They are facing more challenges from competitors hoping to knock them down, so they cannot afford to let up."

Dennis Clements, 59, head of U.S. operations for Lexus, part of Toyota Motor Sales USA in Torrance, acknowledges that the brand's core market of aging boomers "is not a good one to build an image in."

To keep the marque fresh and draw younger buyers, Lexus is redesigning its entire lineup over the next four years. "You'll see sportier cars, more powerful cars and trucks, [with] a wider range of engines," he said.

First up early next year is the RX 400 sport utility, the nation's first luxury gas-and-electric-powered hybrid vehicle.

Unlike Toyota's popular gas-miserly Prius compact, the RX 400 will be all about power and performance. An electric motor will augment a six-cylinder gas engine, boosting power from 230 horsepower in the current RX 330 model to 270 hp in the hybrid. The hybrid RX, with a base price expected to top $45,000, also will be equipped with a new electronic stability system.

Next will be redesigned Lexus GS sedans, with all-wheel-drive options, out in the spring.

Convertible and coupe versions of Lexus' sportiest car, the IS 300 sedan, are due as 2006 models, with a new Lexus sport wagon styled like a lower, leaner SUV expected in 2007. The wagon is the first of a series of new crossovers — wagon or SUV styles built on conventional passenger car platforms — that Lexus is planning, Clements said. Many will be offered both as conventional gasoline-engine vehicles and as hybrids.

All-wheel drive will also become an option on most Lexus vehicles. And an electronic stability control system that the company claims is far ahead of anything now available will debut next year.

"We intend to give our buyers best-in-class performance at all levels," Clements said.

This year Lexus has kept its top spot in the U.S. luxury market. It sold 188,693 cars and trucks through August, up 14.9% over the same period last year.

Lexus' competitors are trying hard to catch up.

BMW remains in second place this year with sales of 169,480 vehicles, a 4.7% gain. And GM's Cadillac division is closing in fast with an onslaught of new models: the Escalade and SRX sport utility vehicles, the CTS coupe and the XLR. The new offerings helped boost Cadillac's vehicle sales to 149,683 through August, up 10.7%.

"Lexus, in a very quiet way, is a competitor with ruthlessly applied high standards," Cadillac spokesman Jeff Kuhlman said. "Our objective isn't volume leadership. That gap is pretty big. What we are working to reestablish is image superiority."

For all the new Lexus models in the works, Clements talks a lot about the need to add a flagship vehicle priced at around $100,000.

It could be a four-door sedan to compete with Mercedes-Benz's big S-Series sedan (the top-end model costs about $122,000), and BMW's redesigned 7-Series (around $117,000). Mercedes, Clements points out, has a dozen models that sell for $70,000-plus, "while at Lexus we have none."

A $100,000 Lexus wouldn't be a volume leader for the company but would help bolster its image, said analyst Hossack.

Lexus may also introduce a high-performance hybrid sports car that would wildly expand the boundaries of the hybrid genre, he said.

Besides the new models, Toyota has pressed its Lexus dealers to maintain their high reputation for service. Nationally, Lexus dealers have spent close to $800 million in the last year adding repair bays and technicians to keep pace with the brand's sales growth.

At Tustin Lexus, the nation's first Lexus dealership, general manager Mike D'Amato has started a night shift in his crowded service department so that customers can pick up their cars in the morning.

"They start at 5 p.m., and they stay until the day's jobs are done. They're often still there when I come in at 8 a.m.," he said.

For all of Toyota's success with Lexus in the U.S., overseas the brand is largely unknown. So Lexus is redoubling efforts in Europe, where sales have lagged well behind the European luxury brands since its introduction there in 1990. And next year the Lexus brand is being launched as a stand-alone luxury nameplate in Japan and China, the fastest-growing auto market.

Back in the U.S., though, Lexus is still expected to set the pace in the luxury market.

"We may be a lap ahead of the competition, but we act like we're a lap behind," Clements said. "That's what makes us a tough competitor."

Source: latimes.com
sånn...

#60146  av @lpher

Mye bra info dær ja :)

@lpher

#60169  av Alexander G

Det gåren Lexus sc 400? i Bergen, svart og grå mener jeg.
Meget pen bil, en voksen mann som kjører den. Det er ikke en soarer av navn da, men bilen finnes nå i Norge. Står alltid parkert rett ved Søreide for de som er kjent i Bergen.

#60198  av @lpher

Alexander G skrev:Det gåren Lexus sc 400? i Bergen, svart og grå mener jeg.
Meget pen bil, en voksen mann som kjører den. Det er ikke en soarer av navn da, men bilen finnes nå i Norge. Står alltid parkert rett ved Søreide for de som er kjent i Bergen.
Ikke umulig det er den bilen jeg holdt på å kjøpe for ett par år sia...den sto til salgs lenge hos en eller annen bruktbilforhandler i Bergensområdet :)

Soarer heter den kun i japan :)

@lpher

#60217  av Erlend

Intressant :) Dette er gode nyheter, ettersom alle Lexus' modeller kommer til å falle en del i pris når den nye kolleksjonen kommer. Det betyr at en sweet IS200 Sport sikkert kan skaffes for under 200 K...og det er den jo så definitivt verdt :)

#60219  av Kebab gud

IS200 forsvinner
Nye minste motor blie en 2 eller 2,2liuters Diesel (heter sikkert ikke IS200 da ..)
Minste bensin motor blir en 2,5liters V6 (dette er like bekreftet som Hybrid bilene .. dvs det er hintet .. men ikke sagt direkte)